Sunday, September 18, 2011

The journey begins

Well, today marks the beginning of our fall adventure.  Here I will keep you posted about what we are up to.  Since it is the cyberworld, I will try to be as specific as I can be.  Watch for some great pictures and commentary along the way.

Things got off to a rather interesting start.  As I was standing in the parking lot talking with a few of the men long after most folks had gone home, I started having severe abdominal pain.  I thought it would stop in a few minutes, and went off to lunch.  Had to leave lunch early and rush home.  After about an hour and a half we decided load the car for the ER.  Fortunately it stopped.  Thankfully.  Took a nap, and woke up to some fresh homemade soup - and my heart was strangely warmed......as they say....

I will be in the office tomorrow to make some more history as I spend a couple of hours helping our new office manager get her bearings.  Our seasoned office leader is moving on to a higher calling - mother hood - We will miss her in the office, but it will be fun to encourage her as she grows into her new role.  I announced it in both services today.  I kept putting it off but needed to make a decision from some great options.

So far.........got Gary's winter home finished, although it seems too small - he actually follows us around when we walk by looking for some more food.....I got the Kindle loaded with some great quiet time reading and will be spending tomorrow wrapping up preparations.  See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment